Summary: This article gives examples of how professional learning can be supported through questioning and reflection.
Source: Stephanie Hirsh, Ed Week Teacher, September 4, 2014
Categories: Teacher Evaluation, SEL basics, Teacher Collaboration
Consider how these actions contribute to a culture of learning and continuous improvement in your school, district, or organization this year.
1. Schedule time for regular conversations focused on the individual’s goals, successes, and struggles.
2. Be open to providing help even beyond regularly scheduled meeting times.
3. Ask questions that you want answered in a meaningful way.
4. Engage in coaching conversations to promote deeper reflection.
5. Begin each interaction with an expectation to learn something.
6. Honor contributions and successes.
7. Finally, invest in building personal relationships with your team.